Information for Interns
Forward2Employment offer a 38-week internship that will mirror school terms and start and finish times. Interns attend the workplace 4 days a week and spend 1 day a week improving their employability skills and independence skills.
Our Supported Internships enable young people aged 19 - 24 with a statement of SEND, or an Education, Health and Care Plan, and a real desire to work.
As an intern with Forward2Employment, you will receive full support from a Job Coach.
Job Coaches will work alongside you every step of the way. They will help you develop the skills needed to perform and learn your role in the workplace so that you feel confident to perform the tasks safely and efficiently. They will help you to settle into your new work environment and build the confidence to make new friends at work. They will support you to travel independently and be your primary contact on a day to day basis.
Former Interns from Forward2Employment stated:
"Having a Job Coach to support us at the Royal Mail has helped because if I have any questions or am worried about anything my Job Coach helps. If I need any help with work I can ask my Job Coach"
“I have been supported very well by Tina (My job coach), during my time as an intern she has been a very good job coach to me I have been trained in all the jobs at Henry Schein. I am now an employee of Henry Schein thanks to the support of my Job Coach”.
A Former Intern's Parent's View of Forward2Employment
The benefits of completing an internship with Forward2Employment are:
- Employability skills – you will be able to explore pathways into the world of work and you will be able to develop the skills and qualities needed for success in work and everyday life e.g. to be reliable to get on with work colleagues, practice good timekeeping and attendance, willing to learn new tasks and follow instructions.
- Independence skills - learn to travel from home to work with decreasing support from your Job Coach at your own pace and also learn the layout of the placement so that you are confident going to and from your workplace independently.
- Communication skills – you will be able to practice good communication skills within the workplace with an emphasis on developing skills in working effectively as part of a team.
- Social/Lifeskills - this will include time spent with other interns on this project as well as offsite activities.
- Improve IT skills
- Improved maths and English skills
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Teamwork skills
- A recognised work-based qualification
If you are interested in applying for a Supported Internship with Forward2Employment please download and complete the form below and send it to email@example.com or complete the Online Enquiry Form.