How it Works
You will be fully involved in the selection process and you would be given the final decision on who we place with you. This would include a formal interview where the student would be supported by the Job Coach. Interns will not be selected on academic ability but on social/emotional maturity and independence.
- Interns should be able to stay in their placements and be able to manage behaviour/emotions with minimal support from work colleagues (Job Coaches would be on hand if needed).
- Interns will be able to work on simple/repetitive/structured tasks that are real and meaningful with minimal support from work colleagues/Job Coaches.
- Interns will be able to move independently around the premises.
- Interns will be able to sustain being part of a team.
- Interns will be working towards becoming an independent traveller if they are not already.
- Interns will be able to follow health and safety procedures after induction.
Our delivery model is based on a partnership approach between businesses and local SEND schools/colleges. Forward2Employment is funded by the Department of Work and Pensions through the Access to Work fund, which enables fully-trained and professional Job Coaches to provide individually tailored support to interns.